We’ve decided to curate our top picks for you to make it easy so you can get shopping and enjoy your romancing.
- Wine Folly’s Wine 101 Course - “Whether you're just getting started with wine or work in the industry, this course contains many useful resources that will round out your wine knowledge.”
This course is taught by Madeline Puckette, co-founder of Wine Folly and sommelier.
It’s perfect for beginner-intermediate wine drinkers who would like a solid foundation to build upon and those who’ve heard wine terms like “tannins” or “structured” and wonder what they actually mean. Upon completion of the course, you’ll receive a Wine 101 certificate. Buy it once and you’ll own the most updated version for life. You can learn all about the course and purchase it on the Wine Folly website. So, snuggle up with a variety of wines with your loved one and take your wine knowledge to a whole new level.
And we’re VERY excited to bring you this next idea because this one is literally…HOT OFF THE PRESS…
What happens when you bring a small-batch artisan chocolate maker together with a certified French Wine Scholar? Pure magic and flavors that will delight your mate without breaking the bank.
Two new Seattle businesses come together to taste, pair, and curate the perfect harmony of flavors with sparkling wine, red wine, a dessert wine, and chocolate to offer Valentine’s Day romantics a unique gift that is only available in Seattle. Not in Seattle? Fear not, we’ve got you covered again! They ship!
- Princess and Bear Wines is a new wine tasting room located in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle that features hand-picked, small-batch artisan wine producers from the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. Hundreds of wines, produced primarily by women winemakers, are tasted before they are carefully selected and imported to this Seattle-based tasting room, making it the only place in the country where people can try these wines. Customers can order these wines and have them shipped anywhere in the country through their online wine shop.
- Spinnaker Chocolate is a new “bean-to-bar” craft chocolate company that launched in the Ravenna/Bryant neighborhood in October 2021. Two brothers started making chocolate as a hobby, which quickly turned into an obsession. What makes their chocolate uniquely different from others? They've taken an intensely scientific approach to their production process. They have spent years researching, testing, and iterating on thousands of different variables to dial in their manufacturing. Their process is different from other chocolate makers and the biggest distinction – aside from meticulously sorting their cacao worldwide – is their dedication to roasting nibs instead of whole beans.
- “The Romancer” - Sparkling Brut paired with: 70% Belize w/ Nibs and Salt. This pairing works because the freshness and brightness of the bubbles are enhanced by the lively saltiness of the chocolate, the fruit aromas, roasted nuts and nibs complement each other in an ample romantic ring. $39.99 (+shipping, if applicable)
- “Dancing in the Moonlight” - Sparkling Rosé paired with: 70% Madagascar w/ Sea Salt. The salt and cocoa nibs complement the brightness and texture of the sparkling rosé; the Madagascar booming fruit flavors complement the toned flavors and freshness of the rosé in a symbiotic dance. $39.99 (+shipping, if applicable)
- “Velvet Pillow” - 2018 Révélation (Carignan, Grenache Noir and Syrah) paired with 70% Belize. This is a sensory “revelation!”. This amazing chocolate highlights the fruity, sweet spices of the wine. The flavors work synergistically like a glaze, and help to beautifully enhance the flavors in both. Charming, plush and huggable. $48.99 (+shipping, if applicable).
- “Love Serenade” - 2018 Icone (Syrah and Grenache) paired with 70% Uganda. The two are like heaven together, the dry, slightly bitter taste of chocolate complements the silky tannins and richness of this powerful, complex red. The full bodied flavors of Grenache Noir and Syrah mirror the palate texture of Uganda chocolate and produce a sensational pairing synergy. $46.99 (+shipping, if applicable).
- “Making Magic” - 2009 Rivesaltes Vielle Reserve paired with 70% Belize w/ Nibs and Salt. An array of aromas, fruit, sweet , floral, nutty, salt, a long,continuous, magical swirl…little sips and tiny bites make your taste buds dance and be cheerful. $34.99 (+shipping, if applicable)
And of course, we always recommend experimenting with the “before-and-after” using your Aervana Wine Aerator, especially on those big bold red wines. So, cozy up this Valentine’s Day with your loved one with some wine, chocolate and your Aervana. Then all you have to do is take turns pushing that button.
The important details:
If you’re located in Seattle, you’re in luck:
- With the purchase of any Valentine’s Day package, you will also receive a glass of pink bubbles when you come to pick up your purchase at Princess and Bear Wines and included in each pink velvet CHEERS! gift bag is:
- Free wine tasting at P&B Wines (to redeem at a later date by booking reservations)
- A special gift card to book a free Spinnaker Chocolate Tour at a later date (must make reservation)
- People can pre-order by 2/9 here
- Available to pick up pre-orders and in person orders between 2/10 - 2/13, 12pm to 6pm at P&B Wines Tasting Room at 309 S. Cloverdale Street, Suite A1, Seattle 98108.
If you’re not in Seattle, that’s ok! We still have you covered:
- You can order any of the packages here
- Shipping rates will apply accordingly
- Due to inclement weather and shipping delays, Princess and the Bear is unable to guarantee delivery of these bundles to our mid-west or east-coast customers. West-coast customers should order by February 7th for delivery by Valentine's Day.